I love tacos, lime and cilantro. So when I came across this recipe I had to take a shot at making it. It’s fairly simple to make and only takes about 20 minutes to enjoy the sweet, tart and savoury tacos.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- tortillas (corn or flour, I used whole wheat flour)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from one lime
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp ground chili chipotle
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- drop some oil in a nonstick pan
- brown the sliced chicken adding salt, pepper and cumin. Transfer to a bowl and cover with lime juice.
- Reduce heat to medium and add drop of oil. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add bell pepper, lime zest, garlic, jalapeño and chili chipotle.
- Stir in salsa and the cooked chicken until heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Place tortillas on a plate wrap in plastic wrap and throw in the microwave for 45 seconds
- Spoon into tortillas and chow down
Original Recipe found here: http://www.laaloosh.com/2011/05/26/chipotle-lime-chicken-tacos-recipe/