This easy to make pizza always seems to impress and is enjoyed by most vegetarians and carnivores alike. The sweet licorice and onion flavour is a nice compliment to the tart goat cheese and salty black olives. Great for an appetizer, meal or after the bar when you want to munch on something sweet and savoury. I always buy the crust/flat bread because every time I attempt to make pizza dough it turns out to be the size of a soccer ball.
Here’s how I make it:
- Caramelize the fennel and onions with salt, pepper and ground coriander seeds (let cool)
- Slather the pizza with pesto sauce, toss some shredded mozzarella on top
- Spread on the fennel/onion, then crumble the goat cheese and dot the za with sliced black olives.
- Shower the pizza with a handful of grated Parmigiano cheese
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees F for 10-12 mins
Quantity of ingredients depends on your tastes.
I usually save the fronds from the fennel and sprinkle some on the pizza after it’s cooked.
Slice it up and enjoy!